Here’s a site that worth checking out. They have a bunch of useful and free plugins!
FRIEDRICHSDORF, Germany – August 4, 2015 — MAXON today announced Cinema 4D Release 17 (R17), a milestone release of its cornerstone 3D animation, graphics, VFX, visualization, and rendering software. Cinema 4D R17 delivers new, expanded and completely reworked features for exceptional performance allowing creatives to more easily and efficiently manage and create outstanding content. Central to Cinema 4D R17 is the new Take System that provides complete and flexible scene handling to manage render layers and animation variations. Also included are new Lens Distortion tools for improved motion tracking, and completely reworked Spline Tools for a more efficient workflow for manipulating points, lines, tangents, arcs and more.
“MAXON is committed to enriching user experience and productivity,” says Harald Egel, managing partner at MAXON Computer GmbH, “The robust new features and subtle refinements throughout Cinema 4D R17 make this a must-have release.”
Cinema 4D R17 Feature Highlights
At SIGGRAPH 2015 in Los Angeles, August 11 – 13, MAXON will preview the new features in R17. Key highlights include:
Take System: Delivers new functionality above and beyond a Render Layer System to provide flexible scene management allowing artists to create numerous independent takes of a scene and change almost any parameter for intuitive variations – all saved in a single scene file, eliminating file management hassles and wasted disk space. The ability to maintain complete versioning and variation control also saves users valuable production time.
Lens Distortion Support: Easily generate a distortion profile for any image, e.g., for curved and plunging lines when integrating 3D elements into videos or photos. The intuitive interface also improves functionality to remove distortion for tracking and scene creation, re-apply distortion at render time and offers the option of saving lens settings for future use.
Graph View for Motion Tracker: R17 has a new Graph View that highlights problem track points in a simple-to-use graph and lets users easily remove them from the calculation for improved efficiency.
New Spline Tools: The completely reworked Spline Tools in R17 provide artists with added control for manipulating points, lines, tangents and arcs more intuitively. Users can leverage Boolean operators like Intersect, Subtract, Union, And, Or for an even faster workflow.
Animation Workflow Enhancements: Now artists can animate faster and with more precision in Cinema 4D R17. Simply control F-Curves with weighted tangents with the option of automatically removing overshoot. Easily eliminate Gimbal lock with Euler filtering, define animation regions using range markers and master animation workflow with new Timeline preferences.
Sculpting Improvements: MAXON introduces dozens of new features in R17 to sculpt with precision and ease. The Sculpt to Pose Morph feature automatically creates morph targets for each sculpt layer, which lets artists quickly transition from character design to character animation. The new Edge Detection feature is designed to let users easily sculpt hard-surface models.
Houdini Engine Integration: A seamless integration for Side Effect Software’s Houdini Engine lets users load Houdini Digital Assets (HDA) such as parametric objects, simulations, etc., into Cinema 4D and manipulate them like standard Cinema 4D generators. The Houdini Engine processes the HDA in the background with extremely low overheads and returns it to Cinema 4D for a highly efficient yet unobtrusive workflow.
SketchUp Integration: Tighter integration in R17 with SketchUp – a 3D modeling program for a wide range of drawing applications ranging from film and video game design to architectural and interior design – lets creative professionals quickly populate scenes by accessing free, ready-to-use objects created and made available by the SketchUp user community.
Cinema 4D R17 Pricing, Availability and Upgrade Path
Cinema 4D Release 17 is scheduled to ship September, 2015. Pricing and upgrade information is available at www.maxon.net. Available for both Mac OS X and Windows.
COMPLETE LIST UPDATES:
- New Variation Shader
- New Display Color Shader
- Filter Shader: New Checkbox to switch color grading on/off
- New Formula Shader
- New Lens Distortion Shader
- New Lens Distortion render effects
- New Take System
- New Token System
- Global Material Override
- Team Render Improvements
- Watermark Post-Effect now support Takes
- New Spline Sketch Tool
- New Spline Pen Tool
- New Spline Arc Tool
- New Spline Smooth Tool
- New Spline Boolean Commands: Substract, Union, And, Or, Intersect
- Spline Mask supports new boolean modes
- Spline Mask now supports more than two splines
- New behavior of the ESC key
- New Trackball navigation mode
- Mesh Check Enhancements
- Poly Pen Enhancements
- New Euler Filter
- New Autotangent modes
- Weighted Tangents
- Fixed Slope Autotangent mode
- Remove Overshoot Flag
- Auto Weighting Flag
- Timeline Enhancements
- New Preferences
- Link Key/Fcurve Selection
- OM Single object linking
- OM Single object linking but displays the tags
- FCurve ListView
- FCurve Non-hierarchical listview
- Tab instead of space bar to switch between Dopesheet/Fcurve
- Improved shift behavior
- Space bar now plays but only when Timeline is active
- The interactive update now also work in Dopesheet mode
- General speedup
- Now there are 2 Timeline commands (to open Dopesheet or FCurve)
- Zoom to cursor
- Extended marker to range markers and added color
- Show tangents of selected curves
- User Data groups are now also displayed in the Timeline
- When the preference „Track Color“ is set to Track Color, the tracks names are also colored in the list views
- HPB should now has the correct color order.
- There is a new deselect command so that CTRL-Shift A can deselect everything
- The Timeline now remembers the last active area (Object area or main area) and then selects/deselect all accordingly
- New „Lock Ratio“ command for locked zooming in FCurve Mode – shift toggles between locked/not locked ratio
- New Preferences
- Powerslider Enhancements
- CTRL-Shift to create markers
- There are new commands in the context menu of the Powerslider
- Double click in the lower area of the Powerslider extends the range to the document range
- Extended markers also displayed in the Powerslider
- Optimized default behaviours
- Erase Brush: New „Erase Masked“ button
- New „Sculpt To PoseMorph“ command
- Grab Brush: New Surface Distance Option
- Stencil Tile Preview
- Flatten Brush: NewFixed Plane Option „Custom Plane“
- Radial Symmetry supports a custom center point
- Sculpt Brushes now Support Guide Snapping
- Backface Sculpting Option
- Edge Detect Option
- Mask Brush Improvement
- Symmetry Dialog: New „Find nearest point“ option
- Spline Brush SDK Example
- Other Additions
- New Graph View with Top-Down and Graph mode
- Lens Distortion Tool for Camera Calibrator and Motion Tracker
- New OBJ Import/Export with support for materials
- New Sketchup Import
- FBX now supports Takes
- AE now supports Takes
- Integration of the Houdini Engine
Workflow & Interface
- New Color Chooser
- Bitmap Shader has a new function to locate the file in Finder/Explorer
- “Locate Image…” now works correctly for presets
- Naming tool now also works with Tags, Materials, Layers and Takes
- Enhanced Camera HUD
- Rendersettings HUD
- Attributes Manager: New Layer mode
- Material Editor: Presets for refraction
- The last selected objects gets a different highlight color in the Object Manager
- The Texture Manager now can remove links to Textures (e.g. Textures in deactivated channels)
- The PictureViewer now also displays the frame number of the rendered frame.
- The rendertime display moved to a more prominent place in the PictureViewer
- The cursor keys can now be used to navigate the Texture Manager
- Metaball Enhancements: New „Line“ and „Triangle“ types, „Accurate Normals“ method
- Threaded redraw of texture custom user interface
- Automatic network proxy detection
- Viewport Dither
- New command line parameter to render Takes
- Merge now supports Takes
- New Override Node for XPresso
- New OpenGL base system Context, OpenGL 3.2 required
- Image loaders are now interuptable. This allows early exit for threaded user interface updates.
Brixtoy for C4D and for 3DsMax are free now, you can get it from:
Get it here:
This week we posted 8 archived NAB 2015 Cinema 4D presentations by top artists.
We organized the videos into 3 themed playlists:
Scientific and Medical Animation
Discover how to build stunning recreations of worlds invisible to the naked eye.
· X-Particles for Micro Medical Animation with Joel Dubin
· Medical Storytelling: The Art of Cellular 3D Animation with Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
· Watch all Scientific and Medical Animation Rewinds
See how you can use the Cinema 4D Python SDK to create beautiful generative art.
· Automating Complex Workflows with Python with Mike Senften
· Python Coding for Motion Design with Colin Sebestyen
· Watch all Python Scripting Rewinds
Get an overview on how to do projection mapping in a variety of scenarios.
· Animating Projections on Massive Structures with C4D with Alan Demafiles
· Hollywood Filmic Design Techniques with C4D and Octane with Steven Messing
· Project Breakdown of Titles for Microsoft’s Modern Workplace with Michael Rosen, Director – Samplistic Media
· Projection Mapping and the C4D/NUKE Pipeline with Craig Whitaker
· Watch all Projection Mapping Rewinds
We’ll release several more batches of tutorials over the coming weeks – so stay tuned for more
Check them out as they get posted at: NAB 2015 Rewinds
The Cineversity Team